Saturday, March 20, 2010

My boomarang effect.

I have been reading literature for weeks, on how to teach effectively.
The first thing I have learnt is that teachers MUST be for the student. this must be the focus.
I said in a very early forum entry that I thought gathering a comprehensive profile on each student is an important first step to becoming student centred. I fully believe that a holistic approach to teaching will benefit all. Parents will feel they still have a roll in their children's education and personal development. Children will feel empowered to take control of there learning journey. Teachers will have an understanding of where there student is and where he/she would like to be. I have called this entry the boomerang effect because of how you design the lessons will the effect how you throw the information at your students and . will effect how it is returned to you. We must use all the technology that is within our reach. This is their world their norm or will become their norm. Pedagogy is a science so we should take the scientific approach.
Knowing you can help shape the future carries an enormous responsibility and requires a great amount of skill and diversity. This is also true when you are designing and learning to throw a boomerang.

No comments:

Post a Comment